Sunday, August 07, 2005

From July's posts until now (August 7th)

Friends and family--The last few weeks have been full of refreshing and rejuvenating fellowship!My time seems somewhat limited, so I'm recapping much of what has happened in the last few weeks in this post and the following pictures with their respective captions.

I have been involved in the youth services each week which has been a tremendous blessing! Belky is teaching me to be comfortable with a microphone in my mouth while singing and I have loved learning from her. Tonight I was able to speak to the youth group on the light we have in Jesus. I've been reading in the book of John and have been greatly impacted by the way Jesus talked of himself as the "light of life." We are children of light and the light is for sharing with the darkness. What a hope!

The teams that have been here for the past two weeks, Grace Church and AAO, have been so awesome. They have worked hard to reach out to the community in conducting sports camps, pouring concrete floors, holding vacation Bible school, and hiking into mountain villages. Its been a great time to spend with them. We were able to throw an awesome Fiesta de Cumpleanos (Birthday Party) for four of our students with recent birthdays. It was a blast--games, cake, gifts, and a big, yellow, Tweety pinata! Celebrating with the students is an awesome experience, because we are communicating that thier life is worth celebration!

English classes will be taking a turn. Until now I've been individually tutoring Jr. High and High School students who have expressed an interest in learning English. However, I have been receiving so many requests, that I'm going to combine all current students into one class and open it to all the scholarship students. The plan is to help the students in school all together in one session per week. This will open my time to work with staff and missionaries in training here at Mercy International who are working on English proficiency and the ability to read and write the language.

I'm excited about all that is ahead. Thanks for sharing in this time of life with me! I love hearing from you, so when you get the chance, drop me a line. My e-mail address is posted on the personal profile section of this site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home